Spending time in a beautifully finished remodeled bathroom is a dream come true but spending time in a not so nice one can be a nightmare. That is why it is necessary to plan your bathroom remodeling carefully and work with a reputable contractor every step of the way.
Here are some Dos and Don’ts when it comes to your bathroom remodel:
- DO Budget for the Unexpected – Once you begin tearing things apart in your bathroom, the unexpected is going to start showing up. You may find electric or plumbing that is not up to code or some mold or mildew in the walls that needs to be removed. This can be costly and needs to be budgeted for accordingly.
- DON’T Rush – We understand that you are anxious to have your remodeled bathroom finished, but rushing is going to lead to problems. Those problems are going to lead to a larger bill and a blown budget.
- DO Be Realistic About the Tub – If you never use your bathtub, then you really need to consider whether or not you need one in your bathroom. It can save you a lot of money if you do not install one and you can put that money towards a more luxurious shower.
- DON’T Forget About the Future – Everyone needs to make changes for the future, and a remodel is the perfect time to do it. After all, you have everything torn up, so you might as well add those grab bars, roll-in showers, and other convenient features you will need later in life.
- DO Consider Your Vanity – For the longest time, couples wanted double sinks in their bathroom, but now everyone seems to be agreeing that more counter space is more important than that second sink. Think about this carefully before making your final decision.
- DON’T Skimp on Storage– Everyone always needs more storage than they think they do, which is why we always recommend creating at least twice as much as you think that you will need. We always say that it is better to have too much than not enough!
- DO Think About Water Efficiency – We recommend installing fixtures that will conserve water to save money long term.
- DON’T Save Money with Cheap Materials – You may think that you can save a lot of money by using cheaper materials, but you won’t. In fact, those cheap materials will end up costing you more in the long run, because they will need to be replaced much sooner.
If you follow these tips, you will find that you are truly able to enjoy your newly remodeled bathroom. You won’t need to worry about having nightmares or having things going wrong, because you will have done everything that you could to make your bathroom as perfect as it could be. Call us at 571-292-1025 to schedule an appointment for a consultation with our bathroom design specialist and we’ll get the ball rolling.