The words “quick and easy” don’t usually come to mind when you consider building onto your home or remodeling your bathroom. We know everything that’s involved in designing and building your luxury bathroom, so we wanted to show you some quick and easy ways you can add valuable square footage to your bathroom and create an exquisite master bathroom with just a few easy modifications.
More Square Footage
First, let’s look at a few different ways to add square footage to the bathroom because a spacious bathroom is a luxurious bathroom:
- Bump outs – A bump out is, in simple terms, pushing the exterior wall out a few feet to create a nook. Bump outs are very simple and don’t require the addition of a foundation so they can be done upstairs or on the ground level with relative ease. A three-foot bump out on a five-foot wall gives you an additional 15 square feet of space (3x5ft).
- Borrow space from adjoining rooms – Borrow some space from the bedroom, laundry room, or use the entire room on the opposite side of the bathroom wall. We can usually find space to borrow from nearby.
- Remove closets – Small linen closets aren’t usually as useful as their square footage could be if it were otherwise designed.
A lot of people worry that windows will create an invasion of privacy and practically invite strangers into your bathroom. We have good news! Your windows don’t have to be 100% revealing. Here are a few great bathroom window ideas that will help protect your privacy:
- Transom windows – These amazing little windows can be placed nearly anywhere; above or beside existing windows or doors, or even near where the wall meets the ceiling. Choose decorative glass to improve their privacy factor.
- Decorative glass – Windows can still allow a good amount of natural light into the bathroom if you use smoky glass, tinted glass, or even glass blocks.
- Window sunscreens – Add decorative blinds, shades, or sunscreens if you enjoy large windows but still want to maintain privacy for normal bathroom routines.
Always choose high quality materials for your new master bathroom design. Marble and other natural materials are extremely durable and add a sense of luxury to the space. Choose your materials based on the appearance and the quality you want the room to exude. High quality materials mean a longer-lasting bathroom with a much more luxurious appearance.
Finishing Touches and Ornate Details
We’ve all heard the devil is in the details and it’s never truer than when you’re finishing the bathroom to become a luxurious space. Finishing touches and ornate details give the room a luxurious appeal that puts other rooms to shame. Consider ornate furnishings and decorative pieces that provide the overall appearance you love with appliances that add multiple facets of functionality.
Remodel with Quality Design Build
Quality Design Build is located in Bristow and we provide a variety of remodeling services for homeowners in the surrounding area. Give us a call at 571-292-1025 or use our contact form from the website to request information.