When the time comes to plan a remodel, the restrictions of the architecture will quickly become evident. A bathroom that has natural light is warm and cheery, and helps to highlight the colors and design. If you have a bathroom without windows, you can use these tips to brighten the space.
- Try a white color scheme. There is good reason why white has never gone out of style all these years. It has the power to bounce light around, easily brightening small spaces. You can use a blend of basic whites and off-white shades to great effect. Furniture, a countertop or a rug can add more white for brightness as well.
- Use more than one mirror. The mirror’s ability to reflect light makes it an essential part of any bathroom. Use more than one to increase this effect and to give the bathroom more visual depth. If there is a good spot for a full wall mirror, put one up and you will see how much it brightens the space.
- Use multiple lighting sources. One or two lighting fixtures will not help much in a windowless bathroom. Use lighting in layers to get rid of shadows and give the space much needed visual lightness. Aside from overhead lighting for example, consider adding sconces near the mirrors.
- Use glass to your advantage. Surfaces that add more light are essential in a bathroom that lacks windows. A glass shower stall might not add color, but it will reflect light to help make the space more visually interesting.
- Try polished metal. This type of material works in a similar manner to glass in terms of reflecting light. It can also have a stronger visual impact than glass which giving the space a sleek, modern look.
- Use an open vanity. The solid look of a vanity can be somewhat restrictive when there is poor lighting. A good solution is an open, airy looking vanity to make the best use of minimal lighting. This is not ideal for storage, but it is good for adding some visual lightness. For even greater effect, use glass or metal for the frame of the vanity.
Bathroom Remodeling in Bristow
Avoid dark colors and surfaces that absorb rather than reflect light. Use floor tiles that have a light color to add brightness to the space from the ground up. Call us at 571-292-1025 if you’re in the Bristow area and considering remodeling your bathroom.